The Clare Valley is a popular tourist destination in South Australia, known for its scenic beauty, rich history, and world-class wineries. Here are some of the top things to do in the Clare Valley:
- Wine tasting: The Clare Valley is home to over 40 wineries, many of which offer tastings and tours. Some of the most popular wineries include Sevenhill Cellars, Skillogalee, and Taylors Wines.
- Cycling: The Riesling Trail is a 35km cycling and walking trail that winds through the Clare Valley, passing by wineries, historic towns, and scenic countryside.
- Hiking: There are a number of hiking trails in the Clare Valley, including the Riesling Trail and the Heysen Trail, which stretches over 1,200km through the region.
- Exploring historic towns: The Clare Valley is home to several charming historic towns, including Auburn, Mintaro, and Sevenhill, which offer a glimpse into the region’s rich history and architecture.
- Wildlife spotting: The Clare Valley is home to a range of native wildlife, including kangaroos, wallabies, echidnas, and a variety of bird species.
- Local markets: The Clare Valley hosts several local markets throughout the year, where visitors can sample local produce, crafts, and other products.
- Food and wine festivals: The Clare Valley hosts several food and wine festivals throughout the year, including the Clare Valley Gourmet Weekend and the Clare Valley Beer and Cider Festival.
- Golfing: The Clare Valley is home to several world-class golf courses, including the Clare Golf Club and the Barunga Gap Golf Course.
- Art galleries and museums: The Clare Valley is home to a number of art galleries and museums, including the Clare Valley Wine, Food and Tourism Centre and the Bungaree Station Cultural Centre.
- Relaxing: With its stunning scenery, peaceful countryside, and world-renowned wineries, the Clare Valley is the perfect place to relax and unwind. Visitors can enjoy a spa treatment, a picnic in the countryside, or simply soak up the local atmosphere at one of the region’s many cafes or restaurants.
The Clare Valley offers visitors a range of attractions and activities, from wine tasting and cycling to wildlife spotting and exploring historic towns. Whether you’re interested in nature, culture, or relaxation, the Clare Valley has something to offer.